Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SUMMER 2009

Natalie (Tippets) Mudrow says:

hello to everyone!

I'm currently working at the VA medical center as an occupational therapist...i've figured out that the real learning begins after school is over!! shane and i built a house (well, we're having one built ;) ) in north salt lake and hope to move in next week!! we're so excited! other than that, enjoying working and living life!! hope all is well for everyone else!

-natalie (tippets) mudrow

Megan Hoskins writes:

Hi Everyone -
I have had a busy summer working on all sorts of projects at work and at home. First off, I purchased a townhome in the Foxborrow North community and learned that Natalie will be my new neighbor at the end of the month! I'm so excited for that. I love my new place, it is so nice to be out of an apartment and have a place I can call my own.
Work has been really busy so I feel as though my summer has flown by, however, I can't complain because I feel very thankful that I have a job. Some of the work projects include visiting High Schools Drivers Education Classes throughout the state talking about motorcycle safety. Have you seen the billboards for the campaign, Drive Aware. Ride Aware.? That's one of my clients and it has been a lot of fun. Another project was working for Cirque when they were in town at the beginning of the month. I had the opportunity to coordinate all media for the opening day. I had full access behind the scenes and let me tell you, it was amazing!
I am also volunteering at the Hogle Zoo. It was a long application process and many hours in training but well worth it. Make sure you go and see the baby giraffe and elephant. They are so cute.
Hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful summer.
Megan

Rachel (Clinger) Burton says:

Hi everyone! I've always meant to contribute to the newsletter, so here goes...

It's been a great couple of months for our family. We finished at BYU last December, welcomed Halle in February and moved to Syracuse in May. Mark works in Ogden and I quit my job as a speech pathologist to stay at home with the babe. Halle is now six months old and trying to tackle the 'army crawl'. She is definitely the best thing that has ever happened to us. Now that we're free from school, we were able to spend some time in Idaho Falls, Jackson Hole and Bear Lake. It's been such a fantastic summer that I hate to see it end!

--Rachel Clinger Burton







Alisa (DeYoung) Crowell writes:

Well, Corey and back in our hometown of good old Ogden. Corey is working for IAC in downtown Ogden and loves it. We've had a very busy summer with lots of family activities and friend get-togethers. We do miss Boston for sure--in fact, we cried when we drove out of the comfortable city on the 95 North up to NH. Eventhough we miss lots of great things about the East, it's been so nice to be at home. Family is awesome. We've loved seeing the mountains everyday and to smell the mountain air--I know that sounds SO cheesy, but I'm totally serious!
We just sent my brother off to the MTC--he'll be headed to the California Fresno Mission--Hmong Speaking come November. He's the first in my family to serve, so it's quite the deal.
Elsie is almost 10 months already! She is super determined. The last couple of bath nights, she's crawled and splashed like crazy. It's become a little more of a game to bathe her than it used to be.
Other than that, we are loving life and living up each day as it comes!
Happy Summer!
Alisa (DeYoung) Crowell







No comments: