Friday, January 30, 2009

WINTER post

Thom Beech writes:


Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. It feels like forever since I've seen anyone...Anyway, since I can't remember when the last time I wrote was I'll just try and hit the big things.

I got married last July to Darcy Westover. We've been married for let's see...that makes about six months now. Dang...time flies don't it? Our little girl Haley will be starting kindergarten in the fall. She's stoked about it. I took her to get her kindergarten shots a few months ago (not a fun experience) and she's been so proud of herself ever since, now that she's all ready to go to the "big kid's school".

Darcy is also pregnant...woot woot! She's about eight weeks along right now. We went to the gynie the other day and heard our little baby's heartbeat. (*pees in pants from excitement*) She's due around September 6th - 10th, the same week Haley starts kindergarten...so you know, no stress there. When we told Haley that Darcy was pregnant I was like, "Haley guess what's in mommy's tummy?" she just kind of looked at me like "what kind of a weird question is that?" she just said "I don't know..." and I was all, "Come on, what do you think is in there?" ..."I don't know..." "Come on, just guess..." (are you ready for this?) and she's like, " I don't know....gas?" :)

So it's good to know that if we have trouble getting Darcy to go into labor in about 7 months we can just go ask Haley to expound on the digestive system...that should do the trick. We both about died laughing.

We'll find out in a couple of weeks if it's a boy or a girl, but we've already decided on names. If it's a boy we're going to name him Finn and if it's a girl, it'll be Vienna. Darcy was dead set on the name "Scout" from Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird until she heard "Vienna"..........thank goodness. I'm stoked either way. Haley says we need a boy because it's unfair to me right now to be out-numbered 2:1.

I got laid off from the travel agency I was working at last September only about a week after school started...which actually turned out to be a gigantic blessing. I got a new job about a month later at All Metals Fabrication. I read architectural plans all day long and make shop drawings for railing systems, exterior paneling, sun shades, and any other metal element found in architecture. I really love it here at AMF. I don't have to interact with people all day and I just sit and do my business like a madman...it's great.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great. Take care.....fools.

Best,

Thom Beech


Megan Hoskins says:


This is the first time I have participated in the newsletter, so exciting. I just moved back to UT in September. I lived in Phoenix for two years after graduating from Westminster. I worked as a Public Relations Coordinator for an advertising agency called R&R Partners. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the experience of living outside of UT.

I moved back home to be close to family and friends, and my boyfriend, Marc, with whom I had been seeing long distance the whole time. I now work at an advertising agency called Richter7 doing the same kind of work. I have really enjoyed being back and working in Salt Lake.

I am actually in the process of buying a new home as we speak (or read)! I will be moving to North Salt Lake in a new development called Foxborrow North. It's a condo and I am pretty excited! Other than that, nothing is new. I hope that I can meet up with some of you that still live in UT, it has been a long time!

Cheers - Megan Hoskins



Natalie (Pugmire) Hincks shares:

Gracie is 7 months already!

Well, Mark graduated and is now working in Salt Lake for a medical transcription business called Truscribe. I'm still staying home enjoying Gracie. Gracie has 2 teeth now and loves saying "Dadda" and "hi". She loves eating solids now, enjoys baths, and is as curious as can be. That's about all. Life's great. Hope y'all are doing well.

Love,

Natalie


this one is with Eli, Nat's nephew.....and you thought they had another!

Natalie (Tippets) Mudrow says:

hi everyone! things are going well here in SLC. i'm finishing week 4 of a 13 week internship at the VA hospital. after that i take my certification exam and become a real grown up! we are going to be house hunting soon, kinda depends where i'm going to work. other than that, trying to stay sane and trying to find time to see my hubby! hope everyone is well!

-natalie (tippets) mudrow


Alisa (DeYoung) Crowell shares:

Well, Corey and I had a wonderful time visiting our families for Christmas and for the New Year. My entire family had a great time getting to know Elsie Jayne. She has grown so much even since then!! They grow right before your eyes! She just turned 3 months old this week! She’s a cuddler and knows it when you put her down. This is why the swing has become our favorite—I only hope it’s not too much of an orphanage—j/k. Corey is still thick in the job hunt—it’s really been a rough market. It’s possible we’ll end up in NJ or Oslo, Norway. We’re open, though to whatever. I’m just trying to take in as much as a can of Boston. Love this city.


No comments: